5.06.2010

Sweet Potato Fries

I tried to stay out of the kitchen, but I couldn't help myself.  While studying one day, I really started craving fries.  So, I took our sweet potatoes and made sweet potato fries!



Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients
4 sweet potatoes
Olive oil
Thyme
Salt & Pepper

Preparation
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.  Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch strips.  Toss lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Lightly brush baking sheet with olive oil and place fries on baking sheet.  Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until fries begin to brown.  Let cool, and toss again in salt and thyme.


Sweet Potato Fry Dipping Sauce
This is another one of my non-recipe recipes...it's so good and the perfect dip for sweet potato fries!  Compliments to Bob's Dairy Dip in Nashville, TN for the inspiration.  

Take a large dollop of sour cream (about 1/4 cup).  Add about 2 tbs. brown sugar, along with 1.5-2 tsp cinnamon.  If desired, add about 2 tsp. maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment