3.24.2010

Vegetarian and Vegan Labels

Now Farm Share Eating will label recipes as "vegetarian" or "vegan" if they fall under one of those categories.  As you can probably tell, I am not personally a vegetarian or vegan.  However, we tend to eat a lot vegetarian meals, and since most of my posts are about what we do with our Farm Share produce, there will be a lot of recipes that fall under these two categories.

As a disclaimer, I want to clarify that these two labels are defined as follows:
  • Vegetarian recipes are those that contain no meat products, including fish.  They may contain egg and dairy, however.
  • Vegan recipes are those that contain no animal products or byproducts.
If for any reason I mistakenly mislabel a recipe as vegan or vegetarian and it's not, please let me know!  I don't want to make mistakes when it comes to this. 

Also, when there are vegan substitutes that I know of in cooking and baking, I may reference them along with the non-vegan recipe, so just be aware of that as you read through the postings.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment