3.20.2010

Tuna Nicoise

How could I have forgotten another wonderful way to use potatoes and other Farm Share produce?  My husband suggested this salad for lunch today, and tuna nicoise is one of my favorites!  Recipes vary from person to person, but below is my favorite combination of the classic and healthy salad.  This salad used potatoes and green leaf lettuce from our Farm Share.


Tuna Nicoise
(portions below for 2 people)

Ingredients
Tuna salad
1 can albacore tuna
2-3 tbs. olive oil
~ 2 tbs. capers
Pepper, to taste

Base salad
Leafy greens
Steamed green beans
Feta cheese
Boiled red potatoes (but any potato will do)
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Preparation
Mix the drained tuna with olive oil, capers, and pepper.  Boil potatoes until tender.  I often cut in quarters and toss with a little red wine vinegar, olive oil, and pepper to give them a little extra flavor.  I also usually drizzle the steamed green beans with olive oil and toss them with the feta.  Arrange all ingredients on a bed of green lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment