3.24.2010

3/24 Farm Share Arrival

Another Wednesday, another Farm Share arrival!

The Winter season is winding down, which for now means a little bit more of the same.  I'm not complaining because I'm still having fun finding new recipes for the produce we receive.  Quite honestly, the real challenge is having enough time during the week to try out recipes!  Despite the fun I have exploring how to cook kale, chard, parsnips, potatoes, etc., I'll admit that I was really excited to read in our Farm Share newsletter this week that we will soon be in berry season!!  When the season does finally change, different produce will be welcome...especially berries!

This week we received: red potatoes, apples, Swiss chard, baby spinach, green leaf lettuce, parsnips, grapefruit, a carrot, zucchini, a beet, and barley flour.


It was a heavy box!  And as my husband unpacked, we figured out why:


Look how large the zucchini, apples, carrot and parsnips are!  I know it's sort of dorky for me to throw down a quarter for size comparison, but they are HUGE!  This picture doesn't do it justice.


We also received a bag of barley flour, which I'm excited to use!  As I mentioned before, we use our bread maker weekly so we look forward to trying this in a loaf.  I'm also going to investigate using barley flour in muffins, because I have an idea for using a certain produce item in muffins that might rock your world; I can't wait to post about it!

More recipes to come this week, so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment