2.15.2010

Meat and Potatoes (or, Just Potatoes)

My husband made himself breakfast for dinner one night.  I had gone out with some friends and wasn't hungry, but I wished I was because his cheesy eggs and hash browns looked amazing.  Thank you, Farm Share, for these potatoes!


Tip: to get hash browns that are crispy on the outside but thick and cooked on the inside, bake potatoes first.  When they are cooled, cut them into cubes and fry them in a little bit of butter or olive oil.  (Maybe this is obvious to others, but it took us a while to get the cooking combination right!)

1 comment:

  1. Fun! We do home fries/ hash browns for dinner a lot lately. I've found they are yummy just lighly tossed in a little flour and some kind of delicious seasoning and then fried in a bit of olive oil. The kids devour them!

    ReplyDelete