3.14.2011

Ravioli with Acorn Squash and Spinach

We received a plethora of squash from our Fall Farm Share, and I find the hard-shelled varieties to be a little intimidating when thinking of ways to use it for dinner...especially dinner for two.  With an entire bowl-full of squash to use (which, until I figured out how to use it, made a lovely Fall centerpiece) I decided to throw it in a pasta.

I cut the acorn squash in half, scooped out all the seeds from the center of the squash, and discarded the seeds.  After stabbing the skin with a knife to allow moisture to escape, I baked the squash halves in the oven flesh-side-down until tender (about 20 minutes).  


We paired the acorn squash with an Arrabbiata sauce, Kalamata olives, spinach, and a pumpkin ravioloi.


Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment